A fun, loooong episode to discuss the awesome Onyx with Mike Drogalis and Lucas Bradstreet
and the new chap, Gardner Vickers, is @Gardner on Twitter
- Thanks for keeping on listening and for the positive feedback, especially our latest confirmed listener, a certain Mr Rich Hickey.
News & Events
- Defn will be at Euroclojure – October 25/26
- EuroClojure talks – David Nolen, Carin Meier etc.
- http://clojutre.org/2016/ < September 10th Tampere, Finland (pronounced Tampe Ray according to Ray)
Main discussion – Onyx
- Michael and Lucas background
- What is Onyx?
- What are the typical use cases of onyx?
- Compare to Spark/Flink/Storm/Heron .. etc.
- Challenges of Distributed Computing and what Clojure brings to the table
- Building Onyx Apps
- Deployment – cluster support
- Tooling – monitoring
- Interop with other techs in the same space: Kafka/Datomic/S3 etc.
- Jepsen testing …
- Who is using Onyx and how …
- Future Plans for Onyx
- Onyx project home page
- Cognician report by Robert Stuttaford of how they use Onyx
- Jepsen – testing the correctness of distributed data processors
- The morning paper – Adrian Colyer’s curated collection of news and thoughts
Music: Thanks to the very talented ptzery for the permitting us to use his music on the opening and closing of the podcast. This track is Melon Hamburger. You can give his work some ❤️ and hear more on his SoundCloud.