An episode where we review the news regarding the spec announcement and perform a deep dive into the Clojure Reader.
[ a little news: spec ]
The wonders of the Reader
– Compare to the C pre-processor
– How it underpins the language
– Reader forms
– EDN / Transit
– Tagged literals
– Reader Conditionals
– Finally, why no user defined reader macros (as in Common Lisp and Scheme)?
Music: Thanks to the very talented ptzery for the permitting us to use his music on the opening and closing of the podcast. This track is Melon Hamburger. You can give his work some ❤️ and hear more on his SoundCloud.
Web sites mentioned:
- The Data-Reader’s Guide to the Galaxy (Clojure West, 2013) by Steve Miner
- Spyscope by David Greenberg